Monday, April 10, 2017

DIY Easter Home Decor

Hi everyone.  I am excited to share some DIY Easter home decor I created.

I created this using a circular pallet design concept, a free bunny cut file and the delightful Pebbles "Tealightful" collection. Here's the supplies you'll need to create this:

  • Pebbles Tealightful collection - paper, die cuts, stickers
  • Thickers or die cut sentiment
  • Canvas or pallet board
  • Download the free Bunny Cut File (Silhouette only) I created
  • Scissors
  • Adhesive

The first thing o do is to cut your grass.  I cut 2"x12" strips and then fringe cut them to create a grass like feel.  I believe I used 7 strips in total. Once I had them all cut, I laid them out on the pallet to see how high I could place them.  Once I liked the way it looked, I adhered one over the other, starting at the top and layering each strip over the other until I reached the bottom.  I then wrapped the edges of the strips around the sides.

I used a 10" circular pallet board so I made my largest bunny approximately 8 inches and then just scaled the other two down to approximately 5 inches and 3 inches. Once they were cut, I tucked them in the grass at varying heights, overlapping the large mommy bunny just slightly.

Next, I cut some bunting from the banner patterned paper. I chose to use triangle and circular buntings for this project.  Once these were cut, I placed them at the top and tucked them a bit under mommy bunny's ears.

I used a combination of puffy stickers and a 3D rosette flower for the bunny tails and then just embellished with cardstock die cuts. To complete the page, I added a sentiment and cut little spring saying!

No comments: