Tuesday, October 18, 2016

DIY Halloween Countdown Home Decor

Hello everyone. I'm here today to share a fun DIY Halloween project your entire family is sure to enjoy.
I don't know about you but Halloween is a huge deal in our house. My girls absolutely love dressing up, knocking on neighbors' doors and collecting all the treats they can.  They are always asking me how many days until Halloween so I thought I'd give them a fun activity they can look forward to each day.

  Supplies needed:
  • Wooden block or frame
  • Pattern paper
  • Embellishments like die cuts and puffy stickers
  • Clothespins
  • Gesso and paintbrush (optional)
Cut a fun quote out of a lighter colored pattern paper.  I chose "When witches go riding & black cats are seen 'tis ___ days until Halloween." You're going to add more patterns behind the pattern paper with the quote so you may want to tone it down with a bit of paint or gesso.

  Add fun pattern papers to the back of your quote paper.  Trim if necessary (you can see I had to trim). Adhere to coordinating background paper to help it pop off the wooden block.

  Cut large numbers for the countdown and a large bow for the top of your block / frame.

  Adhere additional embellishments. I tried to tie back to the witch and black cat theme and then added additional friends, like the spider and his web and the ghost. Now set it out for your family to enjoy, or in my case, for the kids to fight over who gets to change the date. Just kidding, kind of.

Supplies: TRICK OR TREAT CLOTHESPINS BATS 733174 TRICK OR TREAT EPHEMERA DIE-CUTS 40/PKG SKU: 733179 TRICK OR TREAT Pattern Paper OCTOBER 31 733353 TRICK OR TREAT Pattern Paper HAUNTED HOUSE 733355 TRICK OR TREAT Pattern Paper CREEPY 733362 TRICK OR TREATED PAPER PAD 6"X6" AMERICAN CRAFTS HALLOWEEN CLOTHESPINS 340387 AMERICAN CRAFTS HALLOWEEN CLOTHESPINS 340386

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this knowledge and thank you for giving this design, Can I learn for Luxury Bed Linen design making process.