Monday, April 11, 2016

10 wishes for you + Digital Cut File Tutorial

It's numbers week over on Shimelle's blog.  It's a big deal when it comes to turning double digits so I decided to go big with this layout.

I have a couple of goals with this layout: 1. document how my little girl still makes wishes even though she was turning 10 and 2. include a space to include either 10 things she's into or a space for me to write my thoughts, wishes and feelings for this little girl.  


How to:
  • Using my Silhouette software, I mocked up the size and placement of the numbers and words to make sure that I could get the numbers as large as possible.  

  • I used a font that has the middle of the "0" cut out but you could also cut your photo and place it on top.  
  • Measure the part of the cut that your photo will be used in and then print your to that size. 

  • Place the cut paper over the photo and line it up how you want. 

  • Place the negative cut in it's spot. 


  •  Remove the positive cut, careful not to move the photo or the negative cut.


  •  Trim around the edge of the negative cut, leaving enough room around the edge to adhere it to the positive cut. I cut mine with ! 1/4" border.


  • Add adhesive to the edge and place the positive cut pack over the top. Perfect placement every time!
  • I then cut little strips of paper and added them to the outside edge, overlapping here and there. 
  • Once that was all complete, I stitched them to the paper.  
  • The next step was to cut the title and add confetti, using pattern paper circles and mist.  
  • Last but not least, I added journaling strips to the section of the "0" that is opposite the photo.  

Once everything else was done, I added the rest of the title to the page using foam adhesive.

Now I just have to decide if I write my wished for her or if I quiz her about her wishes and dreams for her future.


1 comment:

Renee said...

Such a cute page!! :-)