Friday, February 12, 2016

DIY Valentine Canvas Decor

I wanted to create something fun-loving and festive for our entryway for Valentine's Day.  I was strolling through the craft supply store looking for items to make a different project when I stumbled across some canvases and that's when inspiration hit me.  It wasn't anything specific that hit me, it was really a rack of small canvases that caught my attention.


How to: I originally planned to paint the horizontal lines on the canvas and as fun as that would be, I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to use pattern paper.  I'm glad I did because I love the subtlety of the "love" words in the background.  I cut those in 1" strips and used mod podge to adhere them to the canvas.  Next, I cut 1" flowers from one sheet of ombre pattern paper. My original plan was to mix up the colored flowers throughout the heart but another last minute decision came along and I decided to arrange the flowers in the ombre design.  Lastly, I added white, pink, dark pink and red enamel dots to some of the flowers.


Supplies:Bella Blvd Valentina collection: See You Soon, Love 12x12 paper; Enamel Dots: Milk White, Cotton Candy, Punch, McIntosh

No comments: