Friday, December 11, 2015

Where did November go?

Hello friends.  The past 5 weeks have been quite crazy. It was a good crazy but wowzers, I wasn't present online for most of it.

I've been keeping a secret for nearly two years about a project I was working on at work.  It was for a new product launch that will change the way businesses do business from a technology perspective. So I've been working on the marketing for it and the last 2 - 3 months just been cray-cray.  That's not to say I wasn't creative but I didn't have time to post any of it.

Part of my job was to make sure our sales teams are trained on this brand new product. And there's a lot to learn - new ways to talk to customers, new ways to reference products, etc. so I was asked to lead a 80 city roadshow practically all by myself with a goal to hit 20 of those locations in November.  
Anywho, I had to travel for those and since I enjoy quite a bit of wanderlust, I was up for the challenge.  Here's what my schedule looked like:
  • November 1 - 6: Singapore for work
  • Back home on the weekend to hug my babies
  • November 8 - 10: Dubai for work
  • November 11 - 13: London for work
  • Back home on the weekend to hug my babies
  • November 16 - 20: Orange County and Bay Area, California for work
  • Back home on the weekend to hug my babies
  • Week of Thanksgiving: we were supposed to be home with the family things happened and our trip that we were going to take this week, had to be moved to the week of Thanksgiving.  Long story and I'll spare you the details. The point is that being gone this week was planned way before I knew I'd be travelling the 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. Otherwise, I would have stayed home
  • November 23 - 29: 13 year anniversary trip to Amsterdam, Athens, Santorini. We were supposed to go to other countries and I'll tell that story later too
  • November 30 - December 6: London for the big product launch.
So that explains my blogging absence.  I did take my scrap supplies with me and got to craft on the flights and in my room when I wasn't working or jet lagged.  It was quite fun actually.

Be prepared for my blog to pick back up again now with all the projects I created but didn't get to post as well as regular and more frequent blog posts. 

I think I'll channel Paige and do some posts about my trips.  The question is how to manage through all the photos???

No comments: