Tuesday, June 16, 2015

All About Daddy Mini Book Tutorial

Happy Tutorial Tuesday, everyone.  I have a fun little project to show you today, as seen on the American Crafts blog. I just love reading what kids have to say when given a questionnaire so I thought I'd make one and turn it into a little book for them to give to their daddy this Father's Day. Of course, you can tailor it to any theme you'd like.




Step 1: Select 7 coordinating pattern papers and trim them to 3 3/4"w  x 5 1/2"h. Select one to be your cover.


Adhere sheets from the notepad to the inside pages of the book but not the cover.


Print 4 starter sentences on white cardstock. You can download the ones I used HERE. Cut to 2 1/2" w x 1" h and adhere over the words "I Just Want to" that are printed on the note pad sheet.


Now you have your starter sentences and a place for the child to write. Add a few embellishments but leave plenty of room to write and / or draw.


To decorate the cover, I started with pattern paper and added the banner, the "i love you" sticker and "to the moon and back". Then I added an overlay. I adhered the "love you forever", clouds and wood button on top of the overlay. The book is held together by gold binder clips.

I can't wait for the girls to complete this book for their daddy.

Supplies: Shimelle True Stories collection: (370703) – English Breakfast Paper, (370704) – Grey Floral Paper, (370705) – Lemon & Ginger Paper, (370713) – Americano Paper, (370714) – Berry Infusion Paper, (370721) – Orange Pekoe Paper, (370722) – Cinnamon Roll Paper, (370723) – Croissant Paper, (370734) – small sticker book, (370736) – Enamel dots, (370737) – stamp and notepad, (370742) – photo overlays, (370743) – Die Cut Cardstock Shapes, (370746) – tags with vellum, American Crafts Party collection (369832) decorative trims, Heidi Swapp Minc collection (370211) Binder Clips

1 comment:

Christine Kiehl said...

Thank you! This is just so sweet and awesome! I am going to have to give it a try myself!!! Have a great day! A fan!