Sunday, May 3, 2015

#Awesome

Did everyone had a wonderful National Scrapbook Day? I had a really great day but it didn't involve scrapbooking the way you all probably scrapbooked. Mine included working on my scrap room / office remodel so lots of purging and painting and destashing and designing.


Anywho, I created this layout for Bella Blvd. They asked for an All About Me page. I don't do these very often but I'm always glad I do. So much of my scrapbooking is about my kids and I often forget that it's good for them to have a bit of mommy and daddy documented. We were also asked to do a little Q&A, which you can read HERE.



The Just Add Color collection may just be my all-time fave collection from Bella Blvd...maybe. I love that you can customize it to pretty much any photo or project you are working on. 

Since this was an "About ME" page, I chose the Dotty paper because I knew I wanted to accentuate a few words that really spoke to me. I pulled out my new Jillibean Happy Hues paints and added some water to make them more watercolor-like and then I painted the words. After adding the color, I still felt the other non colored words were distracting so I added alternating strips of black and white paper. Now they really popped.  


I kept the rest of the layout simple, adding my photo in the middle with a few layers and various stars around the page.  I did not add a title because the words said it all.

There's lots of giveaways happening on the Bella Blvd blog so make sure to get over there to enter to win. I know they are giving this collection away so go. NOW!

Bella Blvd Supplies:
Just Add Color collection: Dotty paper, Treasures & Text, Trinkets B&W; Color Chaos collection: McIntosh Strandz paper, Words of Wisdom paper, Guacamole Strandz paper, Orange Strandz paper
Ciao Chip Elements: Hearts & Stars
Enamel DooDads: Guacamole


1 comment:

Chocoscrapaholic said...

I am loving the watercoloring that's so popular right now...great layout, Heather!!