Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy Days

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days
Tuesday, Wednesday Happy Days
Thursday, Friday Happy Days
The weekend comes...

just in time for me to tell you that I am guesting for my favorite online store, My Scraps & More. Ones of my bestest friends, Audrey, owns this little gem of a store so when she asked me to guest for her a while back I gave an enthusiastic YES!

She's having a HUGE blow-out sale right now so check the details at the end of this post.

So she asked me to design a sketch and a layout. You can view the sketch below and play along on the My Scraps & More sketch blog to win an awesome prize from them!  Here's the layout I created, using the Gossamer Blue collection, On My Desk, which is available in her store.


The sketch:


How to:
Chose a fun pattern for the background paper, like I did with the floral paper.  Next, cut a supersized triangle for the bottom corner. Trim a 1"x12" scrap of paper out of a coordinating pattern and a 1/2"x12" paper out of another coordinating paper. Tuck those two under the large triangle, slightly overlapping them. Stitch them to the background and then flip up the edges. Repeat again in the upper corner but on a much smaller scale.  Add a neutral paper over the background to help showcase the photos, title and journaling.  I layered a gold sentiment over a label for my title. You can see that best in the photo below.  Add embellishments around the page. I chose to sprinkle little stars  around the page as if it were mist droplets.


So there you have it, make take on my sketch, created for My Scraps and More.  Head over over to her store because she's having a huge BLOWOUT SALE with papers as low as .20 cents (no code needed) and get 20% off all regular priced items with the code 20JAN15!  She ships super fast and it seems like she's always having some sort of amazing sale.

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

LOVE the angle on this page--the mix of colors is SO yummy--EXCELLENT job Heather!

Tracey said...

Loved playing with your sketch!! And your layout is just beautiful!!