Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thankful Blessings

I'm just loving this new fall collection that Little Yellow Bicycle sent me to create with. And let me tell ya, fall is a welcome site about now. We're still in the mid-90's here in Texas so the thought of cooler weather is exciting. Key word is cooler, not cold though. This new collection is very versatile, from scrapping memories of home to the obvious fall events.



I chose to scrap about my cute little Indian at her Thanksgiving program at school. They dressed up as Indians and Pilgrims and had a lovely feast. They sang songs and were just WAY too cute!


This collection has an amazing assortment of leaves, from die cuts, to chipboard, fabric and sticker leaves, they are wonderful. The colors matched the feathers on my daughter's costume perfectly so I scattered them around her photos and added a tree limb at the top to create the swirling, falling leaves effect.

The title was a breeze with the new die cut words. I just stitched over it in brown thread to give it a little extra oomph and then journaled below.

So, what's the weather like in your neck of the woods?  Is fall setting in yet or is it still hot or if you're on the other side of the world, maybe it's Spring/Winter. Hmmmm. 

I'd love to know what you think and would love it even more if you'd visit me on the Little Yellow Bicycle blog TODAY!

Little Yellow Bicycle Feels Like Home collection:
FLH-103 Fall Floral/Red Lace Frame
FLH-145 Die Cut Words
FLH-135 Favorite Pieces-Stickers

15 comments:

Katrina Hunt said...

Love this with the circle of leaves. Girl, you have some patience to stitch over that title!!! Hugs, Katrina

Laurel said...

Love this! Love the leaves and all the stitching!

BoBunny Team said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

That stitched circle of leaves is fabulous!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I'm just loving this layout, the stitching on the title and leaves is fantastic!

Unknown said...

Amazing, Heather! I love everything you create!

Pam said...

Love your layout ! and at this point I would even take cold weather. The temps are supposed to be back up near 100 here in my part of TX by the end of the week. BLECH!! At least it rained.

Diana Waite said...

oh--I LOVE all the stitching, LOVE this sweet layout!

Unknown said...

Fun, fun page!

ALINE said...

Wow... what a beautiful page! I loved it!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous layout! Love the detailed stitching and the colors on your beautiful design!

Diana Fisher said...

This is great! Love the circle, leaves and stitching detail.

Kimberly Kett said...

Great design!!

Teddi said...

oh your layout is darling! i'm so ready for autumn time. sigh

Chao said...

Lovely, I'm currently filling a scrapbook and had run out of design ideas. I just love how you decorated yours specially the stitch which had suited the autumn leaves. Better get working with my haberdashery kit.