Friday, June 1, 2012

Best Friends

My oldest daughter is liked by many, according to her teachers, but she chooses to focus on two friends in particular, Maysie and Jane. I'm pretty sure she'd spend every waking moment with them if she could.  Lucky for her (and because of her), I've become friends with their mommas so we decided to get together for a pool party on Memorial Day.  The girls had a great time splashing around and playing games.

I've just joined the Memorable Seasons Design Team and my first kit was perfect for capturing these moments of the girls.  Here's my layout using the Simple Stories Summer Fresh collection.

If you know my style, you know I love to distress, stitch, layer and mist.  I chose to lay low on the layering and misting because the pattern at the top is so busy but I did punch various sized small circles and scattered them on my page here and there to somewhat mimic mist splatters. You can see them on the yellow paper but if you look closely, they are also on the top over the text and chevron print (specifically the green, burlap, and a couple of the yellow parts of the chevron). 

I also stitched around my journaling spot and over the main photo frame. I used the same color yellow that was faux stitched on the denim scallop border that came in my kit. 


I also used my red striped ribbon by layering it behind and around the popped up banner embellishment to make it stand out against the print a bit more.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you've never been to Memorable Seasons or if it's been a while I suggest you pay a visit for two reasons: 1 - The Last Scrapper Standing contest is kicking off this month; 2 - New releases and pre-orders are always 25% off! 

8 comments:

June Houck said...

Gorgeous LO! That chevron paper from Simple Stories is so yummy that I have not been able to bring myself to cut it yet. I *love* your LO; fab inspiration :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos, the denim accents and loving the sewn chevron pieces!!!

{Steph} said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the zig zag pattern!

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

This is fantastic! Love the Chevrons across the top of the page, and the arrangement of your title and pictures! Fantastic (did I say that already?)!!!

Diana Waite said...

BEAUTIFUL job Heather--this is TOTALLY fantastic!

Christine said...

What a beautiful scrapbook page!! Great way to keep a memory alive :)

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

annies home said...

love how you captured some awesome memories

Rebecca Keppel said...

ooooh i love the bingo cards are photo mattes!