Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What a Day for a Daydream!

Are you are singing the little daydreamin' diddy now?  I hope that wherever you are it's starting to look less like Winter and more like Spring.  It's been quite warm here in Texas for some time now, warm enough to get in the pool this past weekend.

Today I'm sharing a layout I created with the new Little Yellow Bicycle Hello Spring collection.  I absolutely LOVE the variety of embellishments that they offer with each collection.  This layout is about a leisurely afternoon mommy/daughter moment outside. I'm on a 2-page kick lately, though I haven't posted them all here yet.  I am especially enjoying mixing it up a bit with coordinating backgrounds.
Supplies: HS-101 Blossom Breeze - single-sided with glitter accents, HS-106 Bloom & Grow/Sweet Pea Vine, HS-304 6" x 6" Paper Pad, HS-133 6" x 6" Decorative Edge Double-sided Textured Cardstock - with glitter accents, HS-279 Chipboard Shapes - with glitter accents, HS-220 Fabric Favorites - self adhesive, HS-230 Clear Cut Shapes - with glitter accents, HS-135 Cardstock Stickers - Favorite Pieces - with glitter and embossingHS-1100 Tear-out Ticket & Journaling Book - with glitter accents, Bazzill Tape runner, Black Zig Pen

It might be a bit hard to see but I stitched on the tree to give it a more realistic look, including a heart shape in the center of the tree trunk. You may have to click to enlarge to see the details.

I also cut one of the chipboard frames in half and used it to frame up my title by adding the background paper from the 2nd page behind it and topping it off with phrases and alphas.

This layout has regular journaling on the upper right page but I also used the tear out tickets with the date to add a tad bit of hidden journaling.  

Make sure to head over to the Little Yellow Bicycle blog today to see Corrie and Liz's 2-page layouts and check in with us on National Scrapbooking Day for lots of fun and prizes!

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the photos and loving the stitching on the tree!

leah said...

I adore the title work on this, Heather! ^_^

Audrey Yeager said...

This turned put adorable! I LOVE the stitching on the tree!

Tracie Marie said...

Love this LO!! Makes me wish I had girls to scrap about!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love the sweet details on here, Heather, like the polka dot letters (kind of have a "thing" for polka dots, LOL) and stitching on the tree. :)

Anonymous said...

so many awesome details! Love how you used the tree :)

Linda Beeson said...

Such fun papers! Great for your photos.

Gina Lideros said...

very fun, I adore the stitching on the tree.

Unknown said...

Great title work!

laura-whosthischick said...

You captured all the colors in her dress. Great job.

angie gutshall said...

So cute!! Great details!

Diana Waite said...

great embellishment details--LOVE how you rocked this page!

Rebecca Keppel said...

gorgeous! i love all the details and the title work is so pretty!

sophie said...

wow! love this double pager!! so colorful and love what you did with the tree!

Moongirl said...

Super cute! I love the stitched tree. It is, finally, sunny and not raining here!