Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Picture Perfect Page

Here's this week's Nuts About Sketches sketch. 

And here's my take on it.  This was taken at night inside so I will take another one as well as some close-ups outside later this week.
I found the filmstrip image online and using Adobe Illustrator I was able to turn it into a SVG cutting file, which I cut on my Craft ROBO.  I have to admit, I was pretty proud of myself!  I then handstamped the tickets using Close To My Heart "Just the Ticket" Acrylic stamp, handcut the scallop-like border using a small part of an embellishment I had and then added a tiny bit of bling to each scallop. I distressed the edges of everything in "blush" or "black ink to make it all pop. The pink ticket and flowers are popped for added dimension.

Check out the Nuts About Sketches blog at http://nutsaboutsketches.blogspot.com/ and join the message board at http://nutsaboutsketches.ning.com/.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Wow Heather, I never knew you were so crafty! My wife could use some help in that department...she always comes to me for ideas on scrapbook ideas...now I'll send her to you.