Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Baby Is One!!!

Time flies when you're havin' fun, right?  It's hard to believe that 1 year ago today I saw my sweet baby girl R for the first time.  For 8 1/2 months, I wondered whether or not she'd look like her big sister. I could only imagine what her personality would be like.  Would she have brown or blue eyes?  The list goes on and each day I would start to learn more and more about her.

I promised myself that I wouldn't do what everyone says they do with their 2nd child and not take as many pictures.  I've done my best this first year but I do have to agree that it's hard with all the activity, and hustle & bustle of a multi-child household and full time working mom.

I hoped to have 75% of her 1st year scrapbooked and preserved by now.  I'm a far cry from that.  Not only am I so far from that goal but now I'm even more behind on Rheagan's book.  I think I need to get away for a weekend scrapbooking retreat with my girlfriends and SOON!  In the meantime, I'm going to print contact sheets so I can figure out pics, make my sketches and take a few days off and just devote it to playing a little catch-up. Maybe I'll start with Baby R's 1st birthday party pics and work backwards.  Then again, maybe not. 

Speaking of Baby R's 1st birthday, we celebrated a few days early this past weekend.  Great food, awesome family, fun times and TONS of pictures to scrapbook!

No comments: